fredag 30. januar 2015

THE MAKING OF PORTRAITS



Hungarian model, Merse Molnar. 


P O R T R A I T S

I've never really had the guts to try to do portraits.
I suppose I never thought I would be able to
capture a persons characteristics in a meaningful 
way. But here I dived into unknown territory 
and gave it a try as my first proper portrait.

I've also thought about what the differences between a
photographic portrait and hand crafted portraits like
painted or drawn ones. I suppose it all comes down to
the artist himself. Perhaps the photographer are simply
intrigued by the person's natural features and qualities. 
But sometimes the artist want to make use of the
artistery, and go beyond the limits of what's 
portrayed as something purely realistic. 

I chose this picture particularly because of the look
he expresses with his eyes is something quite
seductive, yet suspicious or dark. So with the
power of a pencil I wanted to make that
more visible. Reveal a part of his subconsciousness,
that couldn't be exposed in the same way 
through a photograph. 


And perhaps that might raise some
questions for the person portrayed himself?




Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar